Clementine Blackberry Compote
- 10 peeled and sectioned clementines
- 1 quart blackberries
- simple syrup (1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water
- orange juice (1/2 cup orange juice)
White Bean Chowder
- slab bacon
- 1 large onion
- 2 teaspoons dry or 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 16 ounces dry white beans, soaked and cooked until soft
- diced white or yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 inckh square of cheese cloth
- 1 quart chicken broth
We used a recipe from Ezra Poundcake. If you haven't been to this blog yet you should definitely check it out!
This is strictly a Mark Bittman's recipe.